27.9.10

sing me spanish techno...

I really do miss singing quite a bit. Legitimate singing. Like... With a piano and sheet music. I don't get quite the same sense of accomplishment with stuff I or other friends have written... Pity. What's something you miss right now?

Why exactly do I need to know the material in my AP Calculus course? I'm pretty sure I could have made it through life with a basic knowledge of addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, graphs, tables, and other silly things like how to find the area of a cube. I really doubt I'm ever going to have to find the area of a bowling pin using calculus. Even if I were drowning in a room that was filling up with water at a set rate and I had to calculate how much air I had left, OH WAIT I WOULD BE SPENDING MY LAST MINUTES THINKING ABOUT PRETTY MUCH ANYTHING OTHER THAN THAT.

I've gone back to my old jazz collection. Everything sounds better on vinyl. But iTunes is so much more convenient. I'm in love with Kay Starr. She is so amazing. That's basically all. Same with the Andrew Sisters, the Boswell Sisters, and the somewhat more modern Imelda May. They pretty much blow my mind.

I watched The Triplets of Belleville the other day for the first time in ages. I love that movie SO much. It was nominated for two Oscars and 18 other awards when it was released in 2003. It's a French movie, but that doesn't really matter anyway since there's hardly any speaking through the movie and none of it is even necessary to the plot. "When her grandson is kidnapped during the Tour de France, Madame Souza and her beloved pooch Bruno team up with the Belleville Sisters–an aged song-and-dance team from the days of Fred Astaire–to rescue him. "  A must see for anyone with good taste in movies. (Playing dirty, I know hehe)
103 Screens The Triplets of Belleville Tuesday at 8:30pm
Plus, if you like that movie, you should look into L'Illusioniste, which is another movie directed by Sylvain Chomet. I haven't actually seen that movie but I'd like to see it as soon as possible!! The only other movie I know of that he's (co)directed is Paris, Je T'aime, but that one is obviously not a cartoon, and if you haven't seen it, I suggest you do so.

Putting images in my blog posts does two things:
1) Makes them seem longer and more interesting &
2) Makes them seem more organized and professional.


Too bad they're really neither one of those things (:
Thanks for reading, if you're reading.


audio ventus.♥

2 comments:

  1. i love that film! cept i saw a kid masturbating to the naked lady in the beginning and it pretty much ruined it for me. i'd like to revisit it and push those memories out of my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my! I suggest you do so (: your first experience with it doesn't sound pleasant...

    ReplyDelete