27.9.10

iSaw

You guessed correctly, there's a new Apple product called iSaw. As it's name implies, it's a branch off of the iPod that is used like glasses. The controls are located on the sides of the glasses and it has built in headphones where the sides wrap around your ears. A small screen located at the bottom of the left lense shows you which song is playing and by hitting the small button on the top of the bridge of your iSaw, you can switch to full-screen mode for a panoramic view of your music video or movie. Available in clear lenses or sunglasses, 8 GB, 32 GB, or 64 GB.

Just kidding. But that would be awesome. No, the real meaning of that is that I saw. Not as in the past tense of see, saw. (And not in the sense of the playground equipment see-saw) I mean to say I play the musical saw, otherwise known as the singing saw. I can already play a few songs and it sounds ethereal. I'm so excited. I always wanted to play the saw when I was a little kid but my parents said no because they didn't really want me to have a saw haha. Here's the thing: they make saws without teeth especially for musical purposes. Wish I would have done the research back then. They probably also thought I would have wanted a teacher and people who teach the saw aren't really very common to come by. It's pretty simple once you get the hang of it though, I'm sure I could have figured it out on my own. 

Along with obscure instruments, I'd also like to learn to play the theremin and the armonica. No, not harmonica, armonica. It was invented by Benjamin Franklin and was one of his favourite inventions. You know in Miss Congeniality when she plays a song with crystal cups? It's the same concept--a bunch of bowls. Who knows though. I'm sure I'll get around to it eventually. I should probably learn something practical like piano or guitar first. I just have no patience with those. Everyone plays them.

Spy Hop auditions for the Musicology program were on Saturday. I royally fucked myself over there. Guitar is DEFINITELY NOT my forte. That's okay though. Hopefully things work out anyway. Sixteen people applied for the program and only eight will be accepted. Is it irrational that I'm nervous? What are they going to say, "You were good enough last year, but not this year... Sorry..."? That would be very unfortunate for me indeed. I have no life. Spy Hop is one of the only things to which I can look forward. 

With school and coaching volleyball and school (AP CALCULUS IS KILLING ME!) and music and writing and two of the only TV shows I watch premiering, I feel so rushed with everything!! Freaking out over Gossip Girl and Glee is a necessity. Both are programmed into my phone calendar (along with 389751957 other things per week) and they're both ridiculously dramatic. Ah! 

I'm finally starting to remember all those years of Latin classes. It only took half a quarter. Everything just went in one ear and out the other, apparently. Which is quite unfortunate since the same thing happened with French, and I'd really like to go spend a month in France this summer. Preferably Nice. Nice is so nice! (haha) Plus if I did the program in Paris, I'd be under constant lockdown, always have to be with a counselor, and curfew is 10 o clock... Nice is much more relaxed. I'd be having French classes for up to five hours a day and have myriad other activities, as well as free time to wander the city. Doesn't it just sound amazing?! The only reason I'd rather go to Paris is for the different museums and to see the Moulin Rouge. 
A kiss on the hand may be quite continental,
But diamonds are a girl's best friend.

audio ventus.♥

1 comment:

  1. Do you know there is a musical saw festival every summer in New York City? You might want to go: www.MusicalSawFestival.org

    ReplyDelete