19.8.10

post script

JUST KIDDING
I have to ramble about my movie findings a bit more (:
First of all, I watched The Girl Who Played with Fire and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest and they were AMAZING. I still don't like the plot lines quite as much as the first book/movie, but they were still fantastic. It makes me wish I spoke Swedish!! But I'll survive.



Okay... And also... I'm not a huge Kristen Stewart fan.
I'm also not a huge anti-Twilight person. I'm not going to deny that I went through my Twilight phase. In 7th grade. I just got over it. The third movie, Eclipse, was actually fairly decent. The new director, David Slade, (third one of the series... I guess the first and second just didn't cut it for them.) definitely kicked them into better shape. But no matter how much I disapprove of Kristen Stewart, her movie The Runaways was amazing. Co-starring with Dakota Fanning they did their absolute best to portray Cherie Currie (Fanning) and Joan Larkin/Jett (Stewart). I was skeptical when I started watching it, not only because of Stewart but also because I didn't want The Runaways to be turned into a pop culture item. I tried to cut my hair like Cherie Currie's once... That was a disaster!! My hair is still recovering. As I finished the movie I was thoroughly pleased. There were a few details I would have changed, but for the most part I thought it was amazing. I've watched it three times since. The costuming was amazing as well. It might not stand out at first, but once you watch it, you can't get it out of your head. At least I couldn't. Musically, Dakota's vocals were more on pitch and proper, but you simply cannot top the original ch-ch-ch-ch-CHERRY BOMB!!







I approve (: go watch them.

audio ventus.♥

No comments:

Post a Comment