10.2.10

mean reds...

You know those days when you have the mean reds and the only thing that does any good at all is to go to Tiffany's? Too bad there isn't a Tiffany's store in SLC...

Here's the thing: today was such a mean reds day for everyone, I had to smile. Does that make any sense? The way I look at it, if everyone is down, the world can use one more smile to balance it out. People think I'm immature because I laugh and smile at everything. Or sometimes they misinterpret it as flirting. But really, I'm just being happy. Why not? There isn't enough laughing and smiling in the world, so adding a bit more makes sense. I just wish we were all little kids again. Little kids don't care what people think about them for laughing and smiling. It's considered normal. Why does it change as we grow older? Laughing and smiling isn't a sign of weakness. So why does everyone seem to treat it like one? That's ridiculous.

A lot of people were wearing navy blue shirts today. Well, a lot of guys. Haha. I love that colour. My nails are navy blue right now. But half the guys who wore shirts that were navy blue today looked fantastic. In some cases, it really brought out their eyes. I love when guys wear the colour navy blue. I know I just said that, but it's just one of those things that makes me happy, constantly. Boys, especially ones with blue eyes, wear blue!! I'll love you forever.

Another thing that makes me happy is receiving notes. That's why I write my friends notes so often! We get so caught up in texting and internet and calling people, no one ever sends letters anymore. When was the last time you got a letter in the mail? It's been quite a while for me... Which is why I write notes. It may not come in an envelope with a stamp, but it's folded creatively and it gets to the person ten times faster. Plus there are so many words in a note, each time you receive one, you're bound to smile at one point or another! And really, isn't smiling just fantastic? (:

Monday night I saw my school's production of The Boy Friend. The moral of the story was that if you don't have a boyfriend or fiance, you can never be happy. Does that make any sense at all? Why would you want your high school kids to go around thinking that? It's simply depressing. Angie was about in tears. It was not okay. Kudos to all the performers who made the best of the musical that they could.

Something I really *must* do in my life is see the northern lights. Even it's name is pretty: aurora borealis. Do you disagree? Again, it's just a miracle. Science says that if global warming keeps up, and the poles are moved and split, aurora borealis will be seen all over the world. Wouldn't that be awful? I can't stand the thought. It would be pretty cool for the magnetic force to completely reverse, but it's not worth it to go through who knows what, and sacrifice so much beauty the earth currently holds.

Isn't it funny how two people who are the same amount of years old can be so completely opposite from each other? I like to think myself fairly mature for a fifteen year old, and honestly, I can't stand half the people my age. Nature vs. Nurture? That probably plays a part in it. I don't feel like writing much on it right now, but I will eventually. I just thought it was funny.

I'm a singer, therefore I sing. I know, you never would have guessed, right? For singing, we warm our voices up. Just like an athlete warms up before a game. You have to warm up for most things in life, even though some things seem ridiculous. If you throw a frog into hot water, he will obviously jump out. Or die. One of the two. But if you slowly warm the water up, the frog won't be as shocked when the water is hot. I know that isn't exactly how that simile goes, but you get the point, I'm sure. Don't expect to jump into hot water and be able to stand it automatically. Warm yourself up to the "hot water" before attempting the activity. It might take several tries. It might just take thinking about it beforehand and preparation. Whatever "warming up" may mean for an activity, you can't reach your full potential without it.

Something I've been meaning to write about since I started this blog is music. It just kept slipping my mind. Isn't music amazing? Think about it: the song you're listening to has been heard by myriad other ears, interpreted millions of different ways, been a component in tons of significant events. You go see a band live, and you're now connected to every person who has ever seen the same band, because of the shared experience. Music can change lives. And that's a fact. I could find new things related to music to talk about all day. But some things are better left unexplained for a reader to contemplate on his/her own.

Even with beautiful things like the aurora borealis and music, there are also poisons. These poisons slowly feed off the beautiful things and deteriorate the miracles of life. There are so many different poisons, I can't even begin to name them. Poison is taking away the joy of writing letters and mailing them. Poison is stripping the beauty of nature. Poison is everywhere. Pessimistic: the poison is going to eventually kill us all. Optimistic: there's so much that the poison hasn't yet touched, or that we're at least trying to fight the poison, successful or not. Don't let the poison rule your life. It will seep in, but you can push it out by filling yourself with sweeter substances. Don't give up hope.

audio ventus.

1 comment: