28.5.10

shocking, I know...

but I'm actually not at sugarhouse coffee!!
I'm at coffee break. hahaha. So have you ever walked outside and the weather and lighting somehow reminds you of a certain memory or time in your life? That happened to me yesterday afternoon... It was kind of strange lighting, and it was just barely warm... It reminded me so much of camping in the Ruby Mountains when I was little. Once while we were there there were some boys who caught a bunch of river snakes and gave one of them to my friend Alana and me. It seemed like the coolest thing ever at the time. Since then I've touched a lot of snakes though...

Last night I finished reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. It was really good, I would definitely recommend it to anyone who loves mystery novels. I was extremely frustrated that I couldn't figure out how the girl disappeared, which I suppose is a good thing, but still. There was plenty of suspense and a ton of foreshadowing... though still not enough to give it away. I never would have been able to guess the ending.

I'm excited to start going boating again!! If this horrid rain stops, we're going on Monday (: daisy dukes bikinis on top!! I just love the sun... Unfortunately this is Utah and the weather changes every five minutes. Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars? I could really use a wish right now. And I wish for summer. True summer.

Anyway, let's just say for a minute that the earth were flat and the universe were still centered around the sun... That's how I feel at the moment: like an object moving through space with too much surface resistance to actually get anywhere. That makes a lot more sense in my head. I'm just stuck. I can't write anything worth reading, and I can't listen to half my music ((my laptop was kindly broken by my little brother and I haven't transferred all my music onto this one yet)) except on my iPod which is currently dead.

I planned on dying my hair dark cherry chocolate colour ((reddish brown, if you prefer...)) but after I bleached it and washed the bleach out my hair was pretty fried. It ended up a reddish brown & blonde colour so I'm pretty content with it. I definitely like dark brown better though... I've never really approved of blonde asians, and this isn't really blonde, but it's pretty close...

I've been pretty lonely lately... not in the sense that I have no one to hang out with, but more that I don't have anyone to do anything more than hang out with. Let's rephrase: I need somebody to love.
((insert Donkeyboy song "Sometimes" here; but sometimes I need somebody who can make me feel all right, shades me from the streetlight, I'm breaking up, I need someone who needs somebody now.))
There's a huge difference in my definitions of lonely and alone. Alone is when you're completely empty--you have friends, but no one to be there for you, or even to fancy being there for you. Lonely is when you're just longing for someone's company. I'm not alone, I guess... but definitely lonely.

I'm reading Candide by Voltaire again for the first time since 7th grade. I've got to admit, it makes a ton more sense now than it did then. It brings up a lot of the same points as Plato's books, as well as books about Darwinism, but it does it in a completely different way, which makes it worth reading. I've always been a sucker for books with actual stories.

"Alas, it was love; love, the comfort of the human species; love, the preserver of the universe, the soul of all sensible beings; love, tender love!' ~Pangloss in Candide. 

Can you beat that? Destroyed by the one he loved. Don't know the story? well read it. What's a good book? I'm running out of things to read... Oh well, I'll just buy something and read it on the Kindle app on my iPod again (: I tend to be doing that a lot lately. So give me recommendations? good plan is good (:

audio ventus.♥

12 comments:

  1. Update? Some people miss hearing from you! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just made my night (: I'll update tomorrow if I have some time before our show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the best. ^_^ Love you, beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness!! who are you?! haha (: thanks hun!! I'll update right after I finish this damn chem assignment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh, chemistry. My sympathies. I'm anonymous, dork! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I may just go turn the anonymous option off... but then I'm scared I won't get any comments hahah
    is this Allie?

    inconsistency with upside down smiley faces... hm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It most assuredly is not! Allie is not me, nor am I Allie! I like being inconsistent, makes me mysterious. :b

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well that was silly of me, I forgot to comment on the blog itself! I would recommend the Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld, great series. Also? Go. See. Inception. Best movie in years, no joke. And finally... I understand the need for someone to love. That need for human connection, someone to hold you and be held by. Someone to text you till 4 in the morning! :) You'll find someone, Maren. You're quite a wonderful girl after all.<3

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahah I haven't read the Uglies series in YEARS but I did love them back in the day. I want to see Inception!! I already wrote about that. And I am looking... few possibilities of boys (: except for the texting at 4 in the morning, I do that with MOST my friends anyway hahah. but thank you darlin (: wish I knew who you were, but you seem quite wonderful as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perhaps It's best then that you don't know who I am. After all, identity carries so many preconceived ideas with it. Isn't it enough to know that someone cares about you quite deeply? (:

    New.York.one.five.two@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmm... that's true. And yes, it's nice knowing someone cares quite deeply, but even nicer knowing WHO cares quite deeply (;
    it's hard to return the feelings to anonymous!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So I spent a whole day trying to find a way to say it WITHOUT sounding like a jerk, but I failed, and thus must beg your pardon and ask that you assume I don't want to sound like a jerk:

    It isn't all that important to me that the feelings can't really be returned. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of you smiling because of something I've said that made you feel good. I like it very much. :) And that's enough for me. I understand you still probably want to know who I am, and all I can do is once again beg your pardon and ask for your forgiveness. There's a reason I must stay nameless for the time being, and explaining why would defeat the purpose of staying anonymous. All that said, I certainly don't want to be thought a creepers (or worse), so if it bothers you to have me comment or read anonymously, I'll stop.

    *inhale* Wow, long. I suck at this concise thing. >.<

    ReplyDelete