21.7.10

after a long hiatus...

summer time gets me distracted (:
after a spontaneous conversation with "Anon" on my last post, I am writing a new post... still curious as to who you are, anonymous. but thank you for reading!!
a lot has happened since the last time I posted. I read the other two books in the Millennium trilogy, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played With Fire and The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest. They're all great, mindboggling books. Highly recommended by yours truly. I have yet to see the film, but I've heard good things about it.
I still haven't seen Inception either for which I have heard nothing but amazing reviews... apparently a lot of my friends have gotten their minds raped by it's spectacular story.
Tonight is Idyll Rigamarole's (my band) CD release party!!! I'm so excited, I hope it will be as great as it's seeming like it'll be. We're playing with a lot of talented artists including the Direction. We decided to name our album "...all of life is a foreign country..." after the Jack Keroac quote. It pretty much describes our journey as a band and the last track on our album expresses how much we'll all miss each other once we aren't playing together anymore.
This post is going to end up being completely about media I suppose.
The Twilight Concert Series this year is amazing. Just utterly amazing. I've had an exponentially better time at each concert than the last, even though we're only three weeks into it right now. Modest Mouse was just spectacularly crowded but it's something I'll never forget. I was only one person away from front row AHHH!!! Had to take a good 48 hours to recover from that one. Girl Talk was just a party. And damn did we party hard.
Not only do the concerts give me an excellent excuse to have all my favourite people in the same place, there are amazing, talented bands for our entertainment as well as plenty of other activities available for our utilization.
Erlend, my highland prom date, has been back in Norway for quite a while now. I miss him a lot. The saying goes you don't know what you love till it's gone, and it's really very true. I wish I'd spent a lot more time with him while I could have.
Live in the moment, it might be gone before you know it.
Well it's raining and it's 3:30, and this is a slightly short post, but I've got to go get ready for the CD release show, buy something to wear, buy cupcakes, and then go watch the amazing artists who are opening for us!! Hope to see you (whoever "you" may be) there!!
audio ventus.♥

1 comment:

  1. Yay update! :D You're quite welcome dear. (:

    ReplyDelete