16.4.10

let's talk about you, let's talk about me...

let's talk about us and what we could be?
it's another beautifully warm day and I am again sitting in Sugarhouse Coffee drinking my iced americano and just finished reading a selection from Art & Fear. Here's my favourite quote of the day:

"When bankers get together for dinner, they discuss Art.
When artists get together for dinner, they discuss money."
--Oscar Wilde

It seems so obvious, but when you think about it, it's true. When I sit down with my friends from school, we never talk about performing arts except perhaps to congratulate someone on a good performance or our doubts about an audition. Sometimes we all need a break from our Passions and social gatherings usually do fall under the category of a break. I absolutely adore theatre and singing and writing, but I don't want to talk about them 24/7. You really can wear yourself out, even concerning things you love.

I can't focus right now... But I'm having a fantastic conversation about visual art.
More later? Perhaps.

audio ventus.♥

No comments:

Post a Comment